With an estimated 40 million Americans suffering from anxiety, it’s not surprising that so many people are looking for the best anxiety supplements. But where do you start? There are dozens of different products just on Amazon.
Many natural anxiety remedies today contain an ashwagandha supplement which is the case with all the products listed in this review. Here we will take a look at five of the most popular brands that were reviewed on year ago and are still consistently getting positive feedback on Amazon. Hopefully, this will help to narrow down your search so you can find the product right for you.
What is Ashwagandha Supplement?
Ashwagandha supplement is a medicinal herb that provides many health benefits for your body and brain. Some benefits include improved concentration, increased energy levels and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. Ashwagandha has the ability to reduce cortisol (the stress hormone) that lends itself to being effective stress and anxiety treatment.
According to Healthline.com, additional benefits of ashwagandha are:
- Anti-cancer properties
- May increase muscle mass and strength
- Ability to boost testosterone and increase fertility in men
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- May lower cholesterol and triglycerides
- Safe for most people and widely available
Five Of The Best Anxiety Supplements
The following supplements all contain ashwagandha although in differing strengths and combinations with other ingredients. Dosages of these five ashwagandha supplements range from 125 mg per serving to 1950 mg. Whilst most of these supplements are around 1000mg there doesn’t however currently appear to be a consensus of what the ideal dosage should be, with some studies showing the benefits of lower levels. This appears to ring true from the customer reviews below.
These supplements are the most popular ashwagandha products sold on Amazon at the time of this review. For each of the best anxiety supplements listed below, there is a customer rating showing how many customers reviewed and rated this product and an overall star rating out of 5. The Pros and Cons section contains a summary of some of the comments from customers about how they found the product. You can read the full Customer Reviews by clicking on the link at the end of each product review.
1. NutriRise Ashwagandha
Summary of Benefits
- Made in the USA
- Made with 100% certified organic ashwagandha root powder and organic black pepper extract for increased absorption
- Certified organic by accredited certifying agent UDAF
- More potent than other ashwagandha supplements, ashwagandha oil, and ashwagandha tincture
- FREE of fillers, binders, nuts, eggs, shellfish, and other common allergens
- FREE of adulterants, solvent residues, aflatoxins, microbiological pathogens and heavy metals such as mercury
- 100% 90-day Money Back Guarantee
Has a calming effect
Increase in drive and energy
Improved ability to focus
Improves the quality of sleep
Helps overcome social anxiety
May cause side effects such as:
- increased anxiety
3. Les Labs Cortisol Health
Summary of Benefits
- Manufactured in the USA with the highest-quality ingredients from around the world
- A drug-free formula that supports adrenal function and helps to control cortisol levels
- Formulated to promote balanced cortisol response
- Ashwagandha and Rhodiola extracts help promote relaxation with magnesium included to provide an added calming effect
- Natural ingredients include phosphatidylserine, magnesium, ashwagandha, magnolia, and Rhodiola root extract.
- 100% 60-day Money Back Guarantee.
Much better quality sleep
Reduced cortisol levels and stress
Helps with weight loss
Reduces fatigue, anxiety and brain fog
Unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as:
- memory problems
- heart palpitations
4. Havasu Ashwagandha Premium Stress Response
- Dosage 1000 mg
- 90 capsules
- 2820 customer reviews
- Overall star rating 4.4 out of 5
- Premium stress fighter – Helps your body adapt to and manage stress.
- NO preservatives, chemicals, or sugars
- Caffeine-free herb. No stimulants or drowsiness
- Boost energy levels and ward off fatigue.
- Artichoke extract acts as a digestive aid and helps promote absorption
- Promotes a positive outlook
Reduces stress and anxiety levels
Clears brain fog and helps you to focus
Lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure
Has a calming effect
Doesn't work for everyone
May cause irritability, nausea, and vomiting
5. Nutra Herbals AshwagandhaWith Black Pepper Extract
Summary of Benefits
- A natural solution for anyone who can feel overwhelmed, tired and easily irritated.
- Contains NO preservatives, chemicals, or sugars
- Best Ashwagandha on the market
- Pure Ashwagandha root powder with no dangerous extract processes or harsh chemicals
- Addition of black pepper and artichoke extracts for increased absorption
- 1200 mg per serving formula provides the most potent supplement on the market with better absorption (due to the benefits of black pepper extract).
- GMO-free, vegan safe with no additives or fillers
- Loaded with withanolides our 120 capsule bottle offers unbeatable value.
- Made in the USA with an FDA approved facility following strict GMP guidelines
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Ashwagandha Benefits: May support vitality, anti-anxiety, stress relief, panic attacks, chronic fatigue, and help strengthen the immune system. Also taken for relaxation, natural calm, alleviating mood swings and depression
Helps to manage anxiety and depression
Lifts and regulates mood
May reduce body pain such as Fibromyalgia tender spots or TMJ
Has a calming, relaxing effect
Takes the edge off social anxiety and panic attacks
May cause side effects such as irritability, itching or rashes
Some people experienced no changes
Benefits may be time-limited
Hard to swallow and has an awful taste
Customers who purchased all the above ashwagandha supplements were full of praise for many of the benefits that ashwagandha is well-known for. There’s no denying from a large number of positive comments that ashwagandha helps most people to reduce stress, anxiety and depression symptoms. Many people described it’s calming effects, how it lifts and regulates mood and improved energy, focus and sleep.
Unfortunately, like most things, it doesn’t work for everyone. At best there were no changes at all, good or bad but for some people, there were some nasty side effects. Many customers had a positive first experience but some have tried a number of different brands and commented that they noticed one brand was better than another. Whether this is due to ashwagandha or another ingredient can only be determined by trial and error. On the whole, with an average star rating of 4.4 stars, any one of the above ashwagandha supplements are worth giving a try.
RediCalm is another anxiety supplement that contains ashwagandha. You can read my Redicalm Review here.